04 April 2007

The truth...

OK, so it's time to reveal what's the truth and what's not. I have a few pictures. Fun, fun!

#1 is true. I did go skydiving while I was pregnant with Taylor. Now before anyone thinks I'm a terrible human being, let me point out that I didn't KNOW I was pregnant at the time. I think I was only about 4-5 weeks along. It was a blast, by the way. I would LOVE to do it again someday, although being the mother of 4 makes you a little less likely to take stupid chances.

This is a picture of my sister and me. I called her up one day and asked her if she wanted to jump out of a perfectly good airplane the next morning. She said, "Sure!"

This is me strapped to the guy I tandem jumped with. I love how we're above the clouds. We jumped at 13,500 feet.

And the next truth is #2. I actually did see Oprah's show in person, only it wasn't in Chicago. If you watch Oprah, you may remember she did a HUGE baby shower for something like 600+ pregnant soldier's wives at Ft. Campbell. Well, I got to go. I got all the cool goodies that she gave away. I will say, however, that we already had a lot of the stuff she gave us (stroller, bathtub, pack n play, etc...) so we gave it to another soldier and his expectant wife in Caleb's company. We did keep a few things, though, including this...


And #3 was almost true. Sort of. I had a super-long and super-difficult first labor. When I was in labor with Taylor, I kept waiting for the real pain to start, but it never did. Long story short... we got to the hospital and I was fully dilated. I delivered less than 10 minutes after we got there. So it coulda happened, but thank goodness it didn't.

So I fooled everyone but Rachael and Kimberly... Thanks so much to everyone for playing. This was super fun!

3 comments:

  1. yep..totally fooled me!!
    how cool to have gone to the O baby shower! and those skydiving pics ROCKED!!!
    so fun to learn some more about ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!! LOL

    Great pics, how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so totally cool! you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete