25 April 2007

Cankles and other random thoughts...

It's official... I have cankles. I've made it through three other pregnancies and never had them. Lucky #4... brings me big, fat, swollen feet and ankles. Seriously. You can barely see the bone on the outer part of my ankles. And the inner part? Not so much. Can't see that bone really at all. Oh, for those of you who don't know... cankles are basically where your calf meets your foot with no ankle definition whatsoever. I asked the good ole obstetricianologist (that's what Caleb calls him) yesterday what to do. He said to keep my feet up as much as possible. It was right then that I realized I was going to have to call Jeeves, my chauffer, and ask him to pick up my nanny and butler, as well as the maid, gardener, and chef so that I can sit around all day with my feet propped up. I'll get right on that.

On an even more special note, I think I broke my pinkie toe. For those of you who don't know, I sprained my ankle a couple of weeks ago. Now I have a toe that's fat and many different shades of purple and blue because I stubbed it on one of our kitchen chairs. That lovely bruising even extends into my foot. And for some reason, that little teeny tiny pinkie toe is like a MAGNET sending out an irreversible attraction to all three of my children to either step on it or bump it. I can't really wear closed shoes because it hurts too much, and leaving it uncovered... well, yeah... you see how that's working for me with my little girlies... Main point is... I'm a clutz. And it hurts.

There were other random things I was going to blog about, yet now I'm tired after waking up at 4 am with my 18 month old who evidently just didn't feel like sleeping, so I'm gonna take a nap. Maybe if you are lucky I'll be back to finish this blog later... =)

1 comment:

  1. (((HUGS))) I hear you on the cankles, had that with the last pg too. And what is it with 18mth olds and 4am call? Mine was up at that time this morning too, and I feel like a sleep and I ain't pg! You take care!

    ReplyDelete