17 April 2007

Blogging gets put on the backburner...

I've realized that when things get a little busier for me, this little blog of mine gets shoved aside. Not that I have a huge reader base or anything, so it really doesn't matter. However, I really should try harder to not say "oh well... I'll blog another day." Because one day can easily turn to four, and on it goes.

Anyhoo... with that being said, I have two blog challenges to catch up on...

#15 Tell about a time I've re-gifted or the best present I've ever received. For all you lucky little ducks, I'll tell a little about both. I've re-gifted a few things, but they are usually kids toys that they get for birthdays, of which they already have one or two of the exact same thing. Nothing exciting about that, I know. There have been PLENTY of things I wanted to re-gift, but I just thought the item I had been given was too cheesy to pass onto someone else. Let me tell you about the most obvious and truly tasteless re-gift I have ever received. There were four little juice glasses with really bright colored citrus fruits on them. Got them for a wedding present. I guess they could have been a nice gift had there not been about a quarter inch of dust in them and ROACH DROPPINGS! I kid you not, my peeps. Roach droppings and dust. In a set of glasses that somebody WRAPPED up and put our names on. I don't think they liked us too much...

Now... the best gift I have ever received... my husband got me a Nikon D70 two years ago. I had told him that when we had extra money, I was going to get one. In Caleb-speak, extra money apparently means "I'm gonna go out right NOW and buy that for her because she is the coolest thing since running water." This was about a month before Christmas. He bought it for me for Christmas, although the day the package arrived via UPS, he made me open it. On like November 30th. He's so not good at waiting until the actual occasion to give presents. But he's sweet, so that counts double!

#16 Release some of this useless knowledge that is cluttering my brain.

Here's the problem... I have ENTIRELY too much useless knowledge, but most of it comes in the form of song lyrics and the bands/groups that sing them. Caleb and I have an ongoing game in which we call out the name of the artist whenever we hear a song on the radio. We both rock at 80s stuff. Hair bands, especially. He's super good at oldies from the 50s and 60s. Either way, we both know way more than any human should about musical groups and lyrics. But that doesn't release anything from my brain. So I will try to think of a few other things to post.

Did you know that your wingspan is supposed to be the same as your height? Hold your arms out to the sides and measure fingertip to fingertip and it's the same as your height. Unless you have gorilla arms. And if you actually try this and it doesn't work for you and you have gorilla arms, I'm sorry for pointing out to you that you have gorilla arms. And that was a really special run-on sentence.

Did you know that if you double a child's height at two years of age, it is generally VERY CLOSE to his/her adult height?

Did you know that we just put Lexi in a big-girl bed? She is only 18 months, and really didn't need to come out of her crib. Only problem is... since this darned baby is supposed to be here in 6 weeks, we didn't want to buy another crib. And this little story leads me into my next useless fact...

Did you know that Lexi got out of her big-girl bed 43 times when I put her down for her nap yesterday? I counted. It was only 18 today for naptime. Maybe tomorrow it will be even less.

Did you know that my little family of five goes through at least 8 gallons of milk a week?

OK, OK... I realize these are not the useless facts that you are looking for. Sorry. I'll try harder next time.

Going to bed now. Later dudes!

6 comments:

  1. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew to the roach droppings thing. nice.


    43 times?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy moly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how do you handle that?! i would go nuts!

    this was really interesting. and yes. i am a part of your reader base. so keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm part of your reader base as well! so yep.. keep bloggin'!

    Kimberly said it best.. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewww at that! that is just wrong!

    and I'm right there with you on the 8 gallons of milk a week! seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww, that is totally gross!!!

    Love your useless info!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right there with Kim eeeeeeeeeeeew to the dust and droppings. I don't think I would go to their house for dinner. . .

    43. Hmm. That's alot. On the good side, she is showing signs of improvement.

    I, too, am part of your reader base and just LOVE your blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, you are cracking me up girl!! I loved reading your blog today! Thanks for the laugh and for all the useless information that I am absolutely happy to know now. :)

    ReplyDelete