23 March 2007

A day in the life...

OK, so the newest blog challenge is to blog about my day. wow. Get ready for some exciting stuff...

Woke up 40 minutes late... which means I woke Hannah up 30 minutes late. That's not a really good thing for a little girl who likes to dawdle and take her sweet time getting ready for school. Fortunately, she got ready in time for the bus, so I didn't have to wake up the two little girls to take her to school. Caleb normally takes her to school, but he was sleeping in (oh, the joy!) because he had to fly tonight.

I had an OB appointment today. I got to go see a civilian provider (the same one who delivered Lexi 17 months ago) because the army finally decided to let me go. It seems Ft. Campbell is going to be having a HUGE baby boom, starting at approximately the time that our newest little bundle of joy is due. They are expecting upwards of 400 babies in June and at least that many in July. Anyway, it was nice of them to finally let me go see the doctor I really wanted to see only 30 short weeks into my pregnancy. I'm happy now.

I stopped at the fish store. We have a saltwater aquarium that we just started up about 3-4 weeks ago. We are still learning, so it seems like one of us is at that store at least every other day. I also stopped at WalMart. My favorite place. I love going there. Not really. I just say that because it's convenient. The truth of the matter is... I HATE WalMart with an absolute passion, and I try to never go there. I still end up there at least once a month, but at least it wasn't too crowded today. I did manage to find some really cute sandals for the little girls. I would have much preferred to shop at Target, but I don't know when I'll get there next. Wow... this day is just too exciting for words.

Got home, Caleb left for work at about 1, the girls napped for another 30 minutes or so, and then we played. I didn't get any laundry or cleaning done today. That's definitely not normal for me, but I think the world will keep going. I made pancakes for dinner. That's the girls' choice. We generally have them if there's a night when Caleb's not home for dinner. He doesn't like pancakes or waffles. I think there might be something wrong with him. =) After dinner we went outside and played in the backyard for over an hour. It was so nice outside. Not too hot, not too cold.

Bathtime followed, along with reading stories over and over and over. We read "A Color of My Own" four times tonight. Fun stuff. Got the girlies to bed, and I sat down to scrap. Here's what I did tonight:
Click here for credits:

I wasn't even really in the mood, but the colors in Shandy's new paper pack inspired me. (Thanks, Shandy!) And now... here I am blogging about something no one in their right mind could even be interested in. And now I think I'm getting ready for bed. I need to clean and do laundry tomorrow. =)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm visiting your blog by first time!
    Being mom is a very complete job, right?
    I like what I found here, you have a very cute babies.
    Congratulations for the fourth one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay. nevermind. i read. you have three (this will be #4). love the pic of everyone playing outside. your day sounds remarkably like mine. i'm glad you were able to take a few minutes to scrap. love seeing what you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! love to eat breakfast foods for dinner! how fun! loved reading about your day (and of course seeing your latest scrap page!) :)
    soooo happy that you got to see your choice of OB -- hooray for the baby boom, right? LOL

    ReplyDelete