25 October 2012

Big foot...

Just a warning... If you are a woman, and your feet are larger than a size 8, most stores in Abu Dhabi will not have shoes that fit you.  They will also look at you either in awe, or with pity, wondering how you managed to get those big clown feet into their store without knocking over all the displays.

I know.  I've been there.

My name is Lynn, and I have ginormous feet.  US women's size 10 to be exact.  UK size 42, which actually does sound kind of ginormous.  And it's not like I knew that 42 was the UK conversion for US 10.  The first store I went into had to look that up, because apparently no one has EVER come into the store looking for shoes that big before.

I was truly amazed when looking for shoes for Hannah.  She's 13.  She's 5'8".  She wears an 8.  Sometimes an 8.5.  Apparently she has ginormous feet, too.  It got to the point where we wouldn't even look at the shoes in the store we entered, we'd just ask if they had the size we needed.

Size 8.  Really?

There are close to a bazillion malls here.  For a place with so many malls, maybe they need to have just one store somewhere that sells shoes to people who haven't had their feet bound?

No photos of my feet in this post, because I'm guessing you would run away screaming in horror from the sheer size.

2 comments:

  1. Riley and I couldn't shop for shoes there either! Based on the fact that most shoe stores around us sell out of size 10 I am assuming we must live in big foot country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I wouldn't survive there either!! I'm right there with you in my size 42s!! I guess Amazon will come in handy once again! :)

    ReplyDelete