26 April 2012

Why my Easter was EXTRA special...

Well, I know it's several weeks after Easter Sunday, but I just got these photos from the wonderful friend who took them.  I wanted to make sure to post them.  My Easter was even more awesome and wonderful because two of my babies were baptized.

First was my sweet eight year-old Taylor... I adore the way she's looking at our good friend and pastor, Chad.  


and coming up out of the water...


This one very well could be my favorite.  I love the joy and excitement on her face. 



Next came Lexi.  She's six, and I have to admit, I wasn't exactly sure if she "got" why she would want to be baptized, but she does.  She's told me several times since then why she chose to be.  If anyone in my family has a heart for Jesus, it's her. 


Coming out of the water...


And here she is when she got out of the water.  I forgot to mention that it was about 20 degrees colder on this day than it had been for the last several days.  We were all colder in our short sleeves than we thought we'd be.  I think she's racing for the towel!


And just because I never post photos of myself... here's one of me.  And I must admit I'm so glad I don't have the really ugly cry going on.  I will say that I'm crying because I'm so proud of them, but it should be known that I also cry whenever I see people I don't even know get baptized. 


So that's why Easter was especially awesome in 2012.  I can't think of a better way to celebrate than to have two new sisters in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment